Friday, August 1, 2008

DIY research: Google Search Insight

If you had an Adwords account, you might be able to patch this all together - but NOW, Google trending, searches, geo-targeting, categories and some actual numbers are all on call for the public.

Imagine that I sell tickets to the public in Ontario, and want to measure the pulse of public searches:
http://www.google.com/insights/search/#cat=590&q=&geo=CA-ON&date=today%203-m&clp=&cmpt=geo - Here is a pretty compelling list of Top Searches and Rapidly Rising.

I know, it's all cribbed from the formats of other providers - but that's what Google does best. Like the Japanese with technology, only everything is free. (I think I just dated myself there)

A good tool for an overview - but not a comprehensive tool. Still, Google is letting us peek under the hood more than ever before.